Top Benefits of Regular Maintenance for Your Foreign Car
Whether your vehicle of choice is a 2016 BMW luxury sedan, a 1994 Mercedes E-Class classic, or a 2014 Audi Q5 Hybrid, you purchased it for a variety of reasons. High-end European cars like these have a reputation of high performance and high resale values. Maintenance and regular repairs are not optional when it comes to these luxury models.
Some manufacturers, such as BMW, may offer free maintenance for the first 50,000 miles of a new car model. But as a rule, the cost of maintenance and repairs falls upon the owner. And, as most European car owners learn, the cost to maintain a high performance vehicle is more than that of mainstream auto brands.
One way of cutting the higher cost of high-end car maintenance and repairs is to avoid the dealership, and find a reputable shop specializing in European car repair in Atlanta. Although there may be other trustworthy shops that say they can repair your luxury car, chances are, they won’t have the credentials or experience offered by a shop specializing in European car repairs and maintenance.
The Benefits of Regular Maintenance
Establishing a service relationship with the repair shop is important. Regular maintenance checks allow the technician to identify any changes in your car’s behavior, and repair them before the repair becomes an extensive one.
- Oil keeps your engine’s components working efficiently, and reduces carbon and varnish from accumulating on the engine.
- Some models, such as older Audi models manufactured before 2010, have issues with using higher amounts of oil. Regular maintenance checks by an auto technician specializing in Audi repair will be familiar with the issue.
- BMW and Mercedes have the highest maintenance costs when compared to many other models. Due to their high-performance engines, oil changes are recommended every 6 months. By skipping oil changes, you risk damage to its mechanical components. Some models have additional maintenance requirements as well.
- High-end automobiles feature advanced technology and additional features not found in traditional American cars, and that means there are more things that can go wrong. European car repair specialists know what to look for and have the diagnostic equipment to keep your vehicle in excellent condition and protect its resale value.
Experienced European car repair technicians are accustomed to working on specific issues that occur in certain makes and models. Here are some of those issues:
- Engine mount failures and oil loss on Mercedes Benz models at around 100,000 miles
- Recalls, such as the fuel pump leak or fuel hose leaks in Audis
- Cooling system issues in the BMW 3-series, from 1999-2005
If you need BMW repair or Audi repair, seek out a reputable shop offering experienced foreign service car repair in Atlanta. You’ll not only protect your investment and extend the service life of your car, you’ll save money in the long run.